Student Trends: PK-12 Special Student Population Trends
English Language Learners Trends (March 2017 update)
- Students Learning English, Data source: CDE.
Free Lunch and Reduced Lunch Trends (March 2017 update)
- Free and Reduced Lunch, Data source: CDE
Gifted and Talented Trends (March 2017 update)
- GT Students Served and Program Funding, Data source: CDE and JBC Education Budget Briefing, December 2016.
Students receiving Special Education services (March 2017)
- Students receiving Special Education services: CDE and JBC Education Budget Briefing, December 2016.
Denver Post: Colorado has a high number of homeless families with kids, December 18, 2018
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, The 2018 Annual Homeless Assessment Report (AHAR) to Congress, December 2018
March 2017 update:
- Colorado’s Homeless Student Count 2005-2016. Data Source: CDE Instructional Program Count.
- Missed Opportunities: Youth Homelessness (November 2017):
- Chapin Hall – research center at University of Chicago
- NPR: New study finds that 4.2M kids experience homelessness each year
Dana Scott (CDE) worked with Jennifer Brown from the Denver Post on an article illustrating the impacts of homelessness on students’ lives, including their education. The article also provides information on the McKinney-Vento Act and the educational rights of homeless students.