Summer / Fall 2018: Challenge to the constitutionality of the transportation section (Section 7) of HB18-1306 by CASE/CASB and several school districts.
CASE Press Release
Governor Hickenlooper's letter to the Members of the Colorado House of Representation - June 1 2018
The Bill and Fiscal Note
HB18-1306 - Concerning Ensuring Educational Stability for Students in Out-of-Home Placement
HB18-1306 - Fiscal Note
Denver Post - Supreme Court Bolsters Rights of Learning-Disabled Students in Ruling in Colorado Case - Endrew F v Douglas County School District 1
Endrew F. v Douglas County School District 1 Supreme Court of the United States Syllabus and Opinion of the Court
Endrew F. v Douglas County School District: Supreme Court of the United States Blog - links to all documents and rulings for the case from the beginning to the United State Supreme Court decision in March 2017.
2015-16: Douglas County School District v Taxpayers for Public Education filed at U.S. Supreme Court
2014-15: Supreme Court ruling for plaintiffs, per Colorado constitution school district may not aid religious schools.
2012-13: Taxpayers for Public Education v Douglas County School District
Background Information: Amendment 23 (Funding for Public Schools) voters intended education funding to be a priority.
2000 Voter Bluebook: Amendment 23 (A23) information:
Blue Book A23 Text & Title
Blue Book A23 Description
Timeline for School Finance & Education Reform - as of May 2015
Dwyer v CO - Colorado Supreme Court Decision
Dwyer v CO - oral arguments presented to Colorado Supreme Court June 3, 2015, 15SA22. Link to the one hour video of the oral arguments (pdf of the instructions):
- Click on this link, which goes to the Colorado Judicial Branch, Appellate Courts Live Broadcast,
- Type Dwyer in the Archived Video search box.
- Click on 15SA22, In Dwyer v The State of Colorado
- The Dwyer v State of Colorado video will appear.
Dwyer v CO - April 22, 2015 - Reply to Plaintiff's Response to Order and Rule to Show Cause (State's reply)- Amendment 23.
- Reply to Plaintiff's Response to Order and Rule to Show Cause
- Amicus Reply Brief of Colorado Concern, Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce, Colorado Competitive Council, Colorado Mining Association, Colorado Association of Mechanical and Plumbing Contractors, and National Federation of Independent Business in Support of Defendents State of Colorado
Dwyer v CO - March 23, 2015 - Response and Amicus Briefs
- Plaintiffs' Response
- Amicus Brief of Colorado Fiscal Institute
- Amicus Brief of Great Education Colorado, Education Foundation of Eagle County, Grassroots St. Vrain, and Colorado Latino Forum's Denver Metro Chapter
- Amicus Brief of Department of Business Officials (DBO) of the Colorado Association of School Executives (CASE)
- Amicus Brief of Colorado Education Association CEA
Dwyer Order and Rule to Show Cause - Colorado Supreme Court
- Arizona judge orders inflation funding for schools, Associated Press article
- Dwyer v State of Colorado Complaint June 27, 2014
- Press Release June, 27, 2014
- Lawsuit Claims School Funding Reduction Mechanism Unconstitutional - Chalkbeat Colorado
- State Sued for Defying Voter's Promise to Colorado's Kids - Education Law Center
Children's Voices: Lobato v State - information and overview
May 2013: Opinion of Colorado Supreme Court, State v Lobato, May 28, 2013.
December 2011: Key Findings in Lobato v. State Trial Court Decision by Children's Voices.
Presentation at the Colorado School Finance Partnership meeting on December 13, 2011: Litigation - Lobato Adequacy/Costing Out Process and Uses, by Children's Voices, CSFP and APA.
Lobato v. State decision in favor of plaintiffs, Children's Voices News Release: Unprecedented Victory for Colorado's Public School Children, read the Judge's ruling here. Skip to the Conclusions of Law here, pages 168 to 183.
November 2011: Lobato Remedy Presentation from November 10, 2011. Remedy Components for Lobato (DRAFT).