Amendment 23 lawsuit: Dwyer v Colorado
Background Information: Amendment 23 (Funding for Public Schools) voters intended education funding to be a priority.
2000 Voter Bluebook: Amendment 23 (A23) information:
Timeline for School Finance & Education Reform - as of May 2015
Dwyer v CO - oral arguments presented to Colorado Supreme Court June 3, 2015, 15SA22. Link to the one hour video of the oral arguments (pdf of the instructions):
- Click on this link, which goes to the Colorado Judicial Branch, Appellate Courts Live Broadcast,
- Type Dwyer in the Archived Video search box.
- Click on 15SA22, In Dwyer v The State of Colorado
- The Dwyer v State of Colorado video will appear.
Dwyer v CO - April 22, 2015 - Reply to Plaintiff's Response to Order and Rule to Show Cause (State's reply)- Amendment 23.
- Reply to Plaintiff's Response to Order and Rule to Show Cause
- Amicus Reply Brief of Colorado Concern, Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce, Colorado Competitive Council, Colorado Mining Association, Colorado Association of Mechanical and Plumbing Contractors, and National Federation of Independent Business in Support of Defendents State of Colorado
Dwyer v CO - March 23, 2015 - Response and Amicus Briefs
- Plaintiffs' Response
- Amicus Brief of Colorado Fiscal Institute
- Amicus Brief of Great Education Colorado, Education Foundation of Eagle County, Grassroots St. Vrain, and Colorado Latino Forum's Denver Metro Chapter
- Amicus Brief of Department of Business Officials (DBO) of the Colorado Association of School Executives (CASE)
- Amicus Brief of Colorado Education Association CEA
Dwyer Order and Rule to Show Cause - Colorado Supreme Court
- Arizona judge orders inflation funding for schools, Associated Press article
- Dwyer v State of Colorado Complaint June 27, 2014
- Press Release June, 27, 2014
- Lawsuit Claims School Funding Reduction Mechanism Unconstitutional - Chalkbeat Colorado
- State Sued for Defying Voter's Promise to Colorado's Kids - Education Law Center