About the Colorado School Finance Project
Mission: To compile, collect and distribute research-based, non-partisan information and data on topics related to school finance for state and local policymakers. Our office is located at 1120 Lincoln Street, Suite 1101, Denver, Colorado 80203-2139.
Our sincere thanks to the many districts and organizations (CEA, CASE, CASB, Colorado BOCES, DBO, and Rural Schools Alliance) that financially support our work. The Colorado School Finance Project could not do our work without their support.
Tracie L. Rainey
Senior Fellow: Justin Silverstein (Augenblick, Palaich & Associates, Vice-President)
CSFP Board of Directors:
- John Augenblick - national school finance expert
- David Hart - Colorado school finance expert
- Shila Adolf (Bethune, BOCES, Rural Alliance)
- Susan Birdsey (former Colorado Superintendent)
- Scott Murphy (retired Superintendent, Colorado school finance expert)
- CFO/Business Director
- Glenn Gustafson (Colorado Springs D-11)
- Bill Sutter (Boulder Valley Schools, DBO)
representing state-wide groups
- Lisa Escarcega (CASE) - school executives
- Ken DeLay (CASB) - school boards
- Karen Wick (CEA) - teachers
- Lisa Weil (Great Education Colorado) - parents
The Colorado School Finance Project, Inc. changed to a formal entity in 2014. We are a non-profit, Colorado based company. The CSFP was originally created in 1995, following the passage of the 1994 School Finance Act.